This is a kid friendly meal and a healthy delicious complete meal in itself. I often try to make something which looks good full of nutrients in it. My lil one has become a picky eater.These lil ones have no time to sit in a place and have food too. This will be a good idea for the lunch box too. Spinach is rich source of vitamin and iron. Its full of fibers . Potato is believed to be rich in iron and other minerals too.Its best among the root vegetables.
Whole wheat flour - 2.5 cups
Spinach - 1/2 bunch
Potato - 2 large
Salt - as per taste
Jeera - 2 tsp
Ghee / butter
Green chilles - 2
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Jeera powder - 1/2 tsp
Dill seeds - 1/4 tsp
1. Wash the potatoes and then peal them . Chop them into small cubes add a little water and cook in the microwave until tender.
2. Mash then properly and keep aside.
3. Wash the spinach leaves properly and with the stems chop them small and grind them to a fine paste.
4. Now add the mashed potatoes, spinach paste ,salt and jeera with salt as per taste to a large bowl.
5. Add atta [ wheat flour] and mix properly adding water little by little.
6. Kneed the dough to form a soft unsticky mass . Then keep aside covered with lid for about 10 mins.
7. Now make small round lemon size balls out of the dough .
8. Roll it a thin chapathi and then fold it like pleating a sari.
9. Roll inwards to form a coir as shown below. IT looks like a flower. Now press it down to form a flat layered patty
10. Now roll it just like a simple chapathi.
11. Heat the pan in medium heat. grease the pan ,then place the paranta. cook on both sides by greasing it with ghee ,butter or olive oil.
12. Enjoy with dal , chole or with thick yogurt and pickles on the side when its warm. enjoy......