Sunday, December 31, 2006

Fluffy Poori



This is a good recipe which even the kids will love to have at any time.It can be eaten just as it is or with any side dishes.Most of them love it with ksheera in southIndia and some like it with spicy chole in northen part of India.

Ingredients:
__________
Wheat flour -2 cups
Maida - 1cup
Salt -1.5 tsp
Curds - 1 cup
Cumin - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Oil - for deep fry



Method:
_________
1.Take a large bowl ,add salt and 1 tsp of oil ,add all the flours and curds to it .
2.Add cumin and mix all the ingredients with enough water.
3.Adding curds to poories makes it soft and prevents it from absorbing oil.This way even the poories remain fluffy.
4.Even the oil does'nt get black.
5.Now roll out small ball out of the dough and then roll out small chapathi out of it.The only thing to be kept in mind is the poories should not be rolled too thin like chapathi's as it does not bloat up thoroughly when you fry them.
6.Now take oil in a pan and heat it properly and then fry up these poories.
7.Serve hot with bhaji or chole.
8.Actually anything in sides is ok for poories.Enjoy it the way you like.

3 comments:

TNL said...

wow...those look so good! I don't make puris because they often turn hard...but will try adding yogurt the next time. I love puris with aamraas or chhole...either way!

Happy New year!
Trupti

Dr. Soumya Bhat said...

Hi trupti.
DO try out with yogurt.They remain soft .Will be tasty too.

Anonymous said...

Wow....I love pooris...when my Ammi makes it for us...I ll never know the count I had eaten, only when my head goes for a 100rpm, I ll come to know that that was tooo much. Neways, after marriage I have never turned my hands on Flour stuffs, except for baking...usually end with store bought rotis, and parathas...guess it's time to explore this section one again. I love the 'Chola Poori', they serve in Chennai hotels. A biggg fluffy bread with chhole or veg curry. I ll try this first and go for the next sometime later :D