I had a pack of whole wheat pancake mix in my pantry and dint know what to do with it so thought of making something different and heathy out of it. I have a son who is almost 3 yrs now. He is kind of a picky eater. He does'nt like Zukini where as me and my hubby just love them. SO thought to prepare these.They came out so good that even my lil one count resist he ate up 6-7 at a strech without any fuss and any type of squash is good as you all know. The best part it its not even deep fried . Its good as an evening tea snack too.
whole wheat pan cake mix - 1.5 cups
grated Zukini / squash - 1 whole zukini
salt - as per taste
water as per the box - i used 1.25 cups
dill seeds[omam seeds] - 2 pinches
cumin seeds - 2 pinches
sambar powder - 1 tsp
paprika powder - 1/2 tsp
olive oil - 2 tbsp
1. Grate 1 whole zukini with the peal and keep ready.
2. In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients add salt and mix properly.
3. Now add zukini grates to the dry ingredients and mix it .Now slowly add water and mix till it reaches idli batter consistancy.
4.Keeping the heat in medium flame grease the gulli appam pan with ghee or olive oil.I have used olive oil here.
5. Now fill the holes of the pan up till 3/4th and then cover and cook for about 1-2 mins .
6. Now pour about a drop of olive oil on each holes with the dough and reverse and cook for another 1-2 mins till its perfectly done.
7. Remove and repeat the process again. Can be served with tomato ketchup or coriander chutney on the side for dipping. Enjoy when its hot.