Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Creamy tomato carrot soup
Carrot - 2 cups diced
Tomato - 3 large
onion - 1 medium size
garlic - 2 large cloves
ginger - 1tsp grated
cumin seeds- 1 tsp
chilly powder - 1 tsp
sugar - 1 tsp
Garam masala- 1tsp
pepper powder -1 tsp
butter - 1tsp
olive oil - 1 tsp
1. Pressure cook carrots until they are very tender. Puree it until it forms a fine puree.
2. Puree the tomatoes and keep aside.
3. In a pan add little bit of oil and butter . Then add cumin seeds and wait till they splutter. add onions and stir till it turns transparent. Now add ginger and garlic and stir for another 2-3 mins.
4. Now blend all the contents of the pan to a fine paste.
5. Add the remaining butter and oil and the cumin seeds[jeera] and just when it sizzels add all the puree into the pan and add all the masalas .
6. Add salt ,sugar and enough water as per your preference and simmer and cook for another 10 mins.
7. Garnish with pepper powder and butter. Enjoy....