This is a recipe which i cant wait to share with my friends. Believe me my friends they came out so good and fluffy.It not only looks good but the taste is unforgetable. Even my three year old ate 5-6 idli without any fuss. I have got a special liking towards oats. Always try to use it in different ways to use it in various foodies. I just like the flavour what it adds. Yumm....I started to use it forcefully thinking its good for health . But now im so addicted to the taste what it renders. I have prepared a bunch of items but guess this is the best and even the upma. I will post the recipe soon. Till then enjoy trying these idli
Oats - 1.5 cup[ I used steel cut oats ]
Sooji coarse - 3/4 cup
curds - 1.25 cups
water - 1 cup
cooking soda - 1/4 tsp
salt - 1 tsp or as per taste
Olive oil - 1 tsp
1. Dry roast oats in a non stick pan for around 4-5 mins till you can smell the aroma. Keep it on the side to cool.
2. Dry roast sooji/samolina for about 5 mins till it turns slightly brown,allow to cool.
3. Now finely powder the roasted oats using a blender.
4. Take a large mixing bowl,add the oats powder,samolina,salt curds and water.Adjust water as per needs .
5. Batter will resemble idli batter But it will be a bit slimmy .
6. Add the cooking soda and mix well and keep aside for 5 mins.
7. Now greese all the idli trays with litlle bit of oil and pour the batter uniformly on all the trays.
8. Steam cook for about 8-10 mins .Immerse a tooth prick to the centre and if it comes out clean the idli is done.
9. Remove and serve warm with sambar or chutney on the side.
10. Enjoy warm or room temperature.