Thursday, August 18, 2011
Whole masoor dal curry
This is a lovely curry made up of cooked whole masoor dal. Its rich in protiens , vit-B and lots of nutrition. This will be a good option for ones who are under weight watching diet. Its very easy to prepare and needs very less ingredients.
masoor dal - 1.5 cups
onion - 1 large
tomato - 1 medium sized
coriander leaves - 1/2 bunch [1/2 cup chopped]
green chillies - 2 large
ginger - 1 inch
garlic - 2 large cloves
garam masala - 1/2 tsp
chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
cumin[jeera]seeds - 1 tsp
oil - 1 tsp
Salt - as per taste
sugar - 1 tsp
1. Soak the masoor dal in enough water over night. Cook them in pressure cooker until tender.I cooked for 3 whistle .
2. Now take coriander,chillies ,garlic,ginger in a small blender and make a paste out of it adding little bit of water.
3. In a non stick pan add 1 tsp of oil. Just when the oil heats up add the cumin seeds. When the seeds starts to splutters add the finely chopped onions and fry till it turns slightly brown on the edges.
4. Then add the green paste and fry for around 2-3 mins or until the raw smell goes off.
5. Now add the cooked masoor dal and bring this to a boil by mixing everything in the pan.
6. Now add all the masala powder with turmeric powder ,adjust the salt as per taste .
7. Add sugar and simmer and cook for another 8- 10 mins.
8. Serve hot with garnished coriander leaves on the top.It goes well when served with warm roti , poories or even plain rice.