Monday, August 29, 2011
We always keep searching for vrath recipes.i.e a no onion garlic recipe. Here is one of the recipes which is so yummy you guys will love it as much as we do i guess.
potatoes - 5-6 medium sized
green chilles - 1-2
ginger - 1/2tsp
tomato - 1 large
coconut grates - 1.5 tbsp
coriander seeds - 2 tsp
cumin seeds -2 tsp
dry red chillies -4-5
turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
chilly powder - 1tsp
hing powder - 2 pinch
tamarind paste -1/2 tsp
jaggary - 1 tsp
oil - 2 tsp
1.Dry roast dry chillies ,coriander and 1tsp of coriander for about 1-2 mins and keep aside.
2. Add 2-3 drop of oil in a pan and roast the peanuts.
3. Add peanuts,coconut and the roasted items into the blender and blend till it forms a smooth paste.
4. Chop up the potato and cook it and keep aside. Puree the tomato and keep ready.
5. In a large pan add 1 tsp of oil ,add cumin and and on a medium heat wait until the cumin [jeera] just starts to splutter. Then add green chillies and finely grated ginger then saute for 1 min. Then add the paste and saute for another 3-4 mins.
6. Now add tomato paste and tamarind paste to the mix and saute for another 3-4 mins.
7 . Add chilly powder,turmeric powder and hing . Now add the cooked potato with the water. Add salt, jaggary and enough water to bring the gravy to desired consistancy.
8. Simmer and cook for 5-6 mins. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
9. Serve with warm chapthi or rice.Enjoy....