Monday, November 14, 2011
Moolike patheki subji
chopped raddish greens - 2 cups
onions - 1 large chopped lengthwise
cumin/jeera - 1 tsp
mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
curry leaves - 4-5
brown sugar/jaggery - 1 tsp
red chilly powder - 1 tsp
turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
salt - as per taste
oil - 1 tsp
1. Clean and chop the radish greens and keep aside.
2. Chop onions lengthwise and keep ready.
3. In a pan add 1 tsp of oil , add jeera,mustard seeds,dry red chilly and just when it starts to splutter add onions ,curry leaves and saute till it turns slightly transparent.
4. Now add the greens and keep mixing to blend everything together.Add 1/4 cup of water.
5. Add turmeric powder,chilly powder ,salt as per taste .
6. Cover and cook on medium heat for 5 mins.
7. Now add brown sugar mix and stop the heat. Serve with warm rotis or rice with ghee.